So what is up with me? Usually I disappear for months at a time so when I finally post again I have a whole bunch of crazy updates on moi. This time is no different. Instead of doing an uber-long, drawn-out post about my life as of late, allow me to simply enumerate, with the oldest news first.
1. One of the major reasons I've been on hiatus- my grandpa passed away at the end of last year. A lot of people don't get to know their grandparents well or even if they're lucky enough to meet them in their lifetime, never really form a strong bond. It was completely the opposite for me growing up, which is why this has been an ongoing struggle. My papa was basically my dad. I'll talk about him more at another time.. I have a series of pages and photos to post that I think would be cathartic for me. But alas, I digress.
2. This is sort of an aside to numero uno, but I went home to Hawaii and got to spend some much needed, albeit short, time with my family. I also caught swine flu. Gotta love nephews and their germs. Honestly though? And I can joke about this now though it wasn't funny at the time.. my ENTIRE FAMILY got sick. Even my pregnant sister (she and the baby are fine). We actually had to postpone the funeral for a few days because we were all contagious. Good times.
3. Our current household zoo total is: 2 dogs (Plato & Sophie) and 2 cats (Juno & Mushu).
4. I'm pregnant! Like how I just stuck that in there? (Details to follow)
5. We are moving to NEW YORK CITY! No joke. Jerry's job is transferring him to New York, where he will be working in the Empire State Building. VERY excited for him because he wanted this position so much, but also a little worried until we get settled and into a routine.
And that's about the jist of it, folks. Hope you've all been well.